Relationship-based Commercial Lending
Today’s business borrowers can easily grow impatient with an online application process that fails to deliver a smooth user experience and a quick loan decision. Then poof, they’re off clicking away on a competitor’s website, equaling lost opportunities and lost revenue for your institution.
A long wait for a decision is the #2 reason business applicants can be dissatisfied with FI lenders, following a difficult application process.*
Some lenders have been reluctant to utilize technology to assist in the application process, fearing that the resulting borrower experience would feel automated and impersonal. Nothing could be further from the truth. A well-designed loan underwriting and decision system enhances all of the strengths of community-based institutions while helping them become more efficient.
A true, relationship-based lending process defies the traditional "end-to-end" commercial loan stereotype. Here are ten key elements for an effective loan generation engine.
- Efficient entry points for applying, including web, mobile, branch, or loan officer input of applications
- Elegant work queues and workflows feeding sales management pipelines
- A system that is in harmony with your industry/business rules and credit policies
- Robust financial spreading technology
- Integration with third-party systems, such as personal credit bureaus, business risk scores, flood determination for CRE, etc.
- Seamless transition from spreading and analysis to loan officer presentation
- Specific functionality and distinct risk mitigation for multiple loan types (C&I, CRE, etc.)
- Facilitation of all necessary approvals, including lenders, senior lenders, executive committees and boards
- Integration with loan documentation systems and content management
- Integration to your Core to eliminate dual entry by seamlessly retrieving and sending data
Commercial lenders have been dreaming about such a system for years...a seamless single solution that manages the entire lifecycle of a commercial loan. Introducing the Commercial Lending Center Suite™.
Reserve's 2015 Small Business Credit Survey